Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Happy Hollows; Imaginary EP




The Happy Hollows make noisy pop. noisy, cheerful, energetic, more than a little dark, mesmerizing. Instant comparisons to Karen O. Their Imaginary EP will be released on the 21st of the month and I am very excited. I hope the other tracks are as good as Lieutenant, and Tambourine, and what about an LP? Someone should demand one of those.

I have yet to listen to Deerhoof's Offend Maggie but I can't believe it would be all that different from these tracks. The instrumentals on these two tracks remind me of seeing Deerhoof playing live, pounding the shit out of their instruments. It was one of those moments were people weren't moved by her, but i could watch her Panda. Panda. Panda. endlessly.

Mp3's: The Happy Hollows - Lieutenant ; The Happy Hollows - Tambourine

Let the Happy Hollows have some more views on their myspace, they deserve it.

No comments: